Monday, June 26, 2017

UPDATE: Stabbing Investigation Underway in Downtown Portland (Photo)


News Release from Portland Police Bureau
Posted on FlashAlert: June 26th, 2017 2:08 PM
Downloadable file: Matthew_Allen_Davis_30.jpg
The man injured in a stabbing Sunday afternoon has been identified as 22-year-old Aaron Moore. Moore was treated at a Portland hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.

The suspect, 30-year-old Matthew Allen Davis, was arrested and booked into the Multnomah County Jail on a charge of Assault in the Second Degree. Davis was also lodged on an outstanding warrant.

Detectives learned that the suspect was walking on Burnside when he threw something at another person. Moore intervened on behalf of the other person and Davis physically assaulted Moore. Moore responded physically and Davis produced a knife and stabbed him. Other Good Samaritans intervened and got Davis off of Moore and held him for police. An unidentified person pepper sprayed Davis during the struggle to hold him down.



On Sunday June 25, 2017, at 6:54 p.m., Central Precinct officers responded to Southwest Stark Street and Burnside Street on the report of a stabbing.

Officers arrived and located an adult male suffering from a serious stab wound. Officers immediately applied a tourniquet as they awaited medical personnel to arrive and transport the victim to the hospital. A second subject had been pepper sprayed and was contacted by officers.

The stabbing victim was transported to a Portland hospital by ambulance for treatment to serious injuries. The person pepper sprayed has been detained at the scene during the ongoing investigation. Preliminary information indicates that the two men may have been in a confrontation with each other.

Pedestrian and vehicular traffic may be affected in the area as officers continue their investigation.

Sent via FlashAlert Newswire. Replies to this message do NOT go back to the sender.
Click here to change or delete these messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment