Thursday, December 31, 2015

Portland Fire & Rescue responds to a Residential Fire in SW

PORTLAND FIRE & RESCUE RESPONDS TO A RESIDENTIAL FIRE IN SW


News Release from Portland Fire & Rescue
Posted on FlashAlert: December 31st, 2015 9:55 AM
Portland Fire & Rescue responded to a house fire at 8306 SW 3rd ave. at 9:25 AM. A fire on the stove had spread to the wall and the home owner evacuated and called 911. As crews arrived they saw light smoke coming from the front door. Firefighters entered the home and extinguished the fire that had spread to wall and cabinets. No one was injured on this fire.

Cooking is the #1 cause of home fires in Portland, and unattended cooking is the top contributing factor. Additionally, many cooking fire injuries occur when people respond to kitchen fires with inappropriate actions.

Observe the following "Do's and Dont's" to avoid these common fires and fire injuries.
DO:
-Attend to your cooking.

-Keep handles of stove top pots and pans turned in.

-Keep things that catch fire away from your stove top

If you have a cooking fire:

-Smother the fire by sliding a lid over the pan.

-Turn off the burner.

DON'T:

-Ever pour water on a grease fire!

-Ever discharge a portable extinguisher into a cooking pan -- it may spread the fire.

-Do not try to carry the pot or pan of grease outside, this can lead to scalds and burns.
Sent via FlashAlert Newswire. Replies to this message do not go back to the sender.
Go to http://FlashAlert.net/login.html to change or delete these messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment